What are cookies?
They are files that are downloaded onto your computer or other device when accessing certain websites, which collect information about your browsing on these sites. In some cases cookies are necessary to facilitate browsing. They allow information about the browsing habits of a user or of their computer, amongst other things, to be stored and recovered. Depending on the information that they contain and the way a user’s computer is used, they can be used to recognise the user.
Identification of cookies used
Following the guidelines established by the Spanish Data Protection Agency, the cookies used on this website are classified as follows:
- Own cookies Are those that are sent to the user’s device from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: Are those that are sent to the user’s device from a computer or domain which is not managed by the editor, but by another entity which deals with the information obtained from the cookies.
- Session cookies: Collect and store information while the user is accessing a website.
- Cookies persistents: Are those that expire a maximum of two years after their creation date, which means that during this time the information will continue to be stored on the device and can be accessed and processed.
- Technical cookies: Allow the user to browse via a website, platform or application using the different options and services that they offer.
- Personalisation cookies: : Allow the user to access the service with some predetermined general features based on a series of criteria on the user’s device such as, for example, the language, the type of browser used to access the service, the regional settings of the service access point, etc.
- Analysis cookies Allow those responsible to monitor and analyse users’ web behaviour on the websites that they are linked with. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure website, application or platform activity and to compile user browsing profiles on these sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements by analysing the service users’ usage data.
The following table shows the own and third-party cookies on the website www.onedaydesignchallenge.net and the purpose of each one.