Techniques for career opportunities: How to prepare a portfolio
23 / 03 / 2020
Our time in confinement is the perfect opportunity to do all those things that are long due… like updating our portfolio. So, it’s time to roll up your sleeves and get started with creating an awesome presentation of your work.
In any case, regardless of the system you choose, you need to remember a few tips:
- The message is the most important issue and it is what we wish to communicate. Always best to go for simple and effective rather than too cumbersome and unclear.
- Do not only show the end product. Understanding the creative process is as important as the final object.
- Tell the story behind each product; not only will it be better understood, you will also convey the energy you have devoted to it.
- Do not include everything you have done in your portfolio. Choose what you think is best, otherwise, your best projects will be lost among all the rest. A short and concise portfolio is more effective than a long and boring one.
- And in accordance with the current world in which we move towards full customization, we might even think of creating an adequate and custom-made portfolio for every occasion: a summary video for Audi, a mockup of a bathroom with all projects in the shape of bathroom pieces for Roca…
So, after what you have seen here, how will you present yourselves next time?